quantify翻译,qualify翻译

American Millennials spend more than three and a half hours on their phone every day.

美国千禧一代每天花在手机上的时间超过三个半小时。

A majority of that time is spent on social media.

大部分时间都花在社交媒体上。

My question: what benefits could you receive from stepping away from social media?

我的问题是:远离社交媒体能给你带来什么好处?

Would you be more productive? more focused?

你会更有效率吗?会更专注吗?

In what ways might your life change?

你的生活会在哪些方面发生变化?

And as someone who produces content and depends on an audience for a living, I wanted to know: do you need it to grow and support your business?

作为一个制作内容并依靠观众为生的人,我想知道:你需要它来发展和支持你的业务吗?

So I quit social media for 30 days to find out.

所以我隔绝社交媒体 30 天去寻找答案。

The first few days were the most challenging.

最初的几天是最难的。

I knew without taking extreme measures I would slip back into my old routines and check my phone frequently throughout the day.

我知道如果不采取极端措施,我会回到我以前的日常生活,整天不停查看手机。

So I deleted all social media apps from my phone.

所以我删除了手机上所有的社交媒体应用程序。

I logged out of all accounts on my computer and cleared my history to build up some friction.

我登出了电脑上的所有账户,清除了历史记录来制造一些障碍。

I was gonna do that anyway.

反正我也要这么做。

But that wasn't enough, like many people I had hardwired into my brain this compulsive checking.

但这还不够,就像许多人一样,我已经把这种强迫性的查看深深地刻入了我的大脑。

But it wasn't the content that I was addicted to.

但让我上瘾的不是内容

It wasn't the likes, comments and DMs (Direct Messages) .

不是点赞、评论和私信。

It was the anticipation of what could be.

而是对可能发生的事情的预期。

Maybe that potential client messaged you back.

也许那个潜在客户给你回了信息。

Maybe one of your posts went viral.

也许你的某个帖子像病毒一样传播开来。

Or maybe the rock tweeted at you.

或者是那个大佬给你发了推特

The rock, the rock tweeted at me!

那个大佬,那个大佬给我发推特了!

Okay, that one actually did happen, but it's almost always nothing.

好吧,那件事确实发生了,但几乎是什么都没有发生。

So I knew I had to create some distance.

所以我知道我必须创造一些距离。

I committed to leaving my phone in the bedroom while I worked and when I could I kept it at home while I left the house.

我承诺在工作的时候把手机留在卧室里,当我离开家的时候,我会把它放在家里。

You know the classic triple pat?

你知道经典的三拍吗?

The moment right before you leave your house and you check your phone, wallet and keys.

就在你离开家之前,你检查你的手机、钱包和钥匙。

Phone, wallet, keys.

手机,钱包,钥匙。

I turned it into the double pad.

我把它变成了两拍。

Just my wallet and keys.

只有我的钱包和钥匙。

After a week, I stopped flinching for my phone and it no longer felt weird to leave home without it.

一周后,我不再为手机而退缩,没有它离开家也不再感到奇怪。

There are a number of reasons why you might want to quit social media.

你想退出社交媒体的原因可能有很多。

The side effects are a little bit different for each of us, but I've got three main points that I think many of us fall into.

副作用对我们每个人来说都有点不同,但我认为有三点是我们中的许多人都会陷入其中的。

Some people find that apps like Instagram put them into a "comparison mode".

有些人发现像 Instagram 这样的应用程序让他们处于“比较模式”。

By constantly seeing what other people have, you instinctively want it as well.

通过不断地看到别人拥有什么,你本能地也想要它。

While others are addicted to the feedback and attention, one study showed that many people would prefer a mild electric shock, rather than sit alone in a room for 15 minutes.

当其他人沉迷于他人的反馈和关注时,一项研究表明,许多人更喜欢轻微的电击,而不是独自坐在房间里 15 分钟。

Your phone can make you feel connected, less alone and it preoccupies your racing mind.

你的手机可以让你感觉与外界联系,不那么孤独,它占据了你不断前进的思维。

And because of that, it's a massive time killer that can distract you from your work and hinder productivity.

正因为如此,它是一个巨大的时间杀手,会分散你对工作的注意力,阻碍生产力。

So, when I started this 30-day social media detox, I actually never intended to stop posting.

所以,当我开始这个为期 30 天的社交媒体排毒时,我实际上从未打算停止发帖。

Originally, for me, the negative side effects seem to only be boiled down to comparing myself to others and wasting time through distractions and browsing.

本来对我来说,负面的副作用似乎只能归结为把自己和别人比较,因为分心和浏览而浪费时间。

And I wanted to see if I could get the benefits of using my platforms like Instagram to connect with my audience without actually using them, so posting through a third-party app.

我想看看我是否能在不使用例如 Instagram 这样的平台来联系观众的同时还能够获得利用它们的好处,所以我通过第三方应用发布内容。

But was that just me rationalizing my addiction?

但那只是我为自己的沉迷找借口吗?

Did I actually think that by stepping completely away from social media my entire life would fall apart and people would stop watching my videos?

我真的认为完全远离社交媒体会让我的整个生活分崩离析,人们会不再看我的视频吗?

Did I think that I had to keep up by posting every day or else Instagram would banish me to the land of bad algorithms?

我真的认为我必须每天发帖,否则 Instagram 会把我放逐到算法糟糕的地方吗?

It was probably a mix of both but here's what ended up happening.

可能两者都有,但结果是这样的。

In the first two weeks I shared a few photos and tweets.

在最初的两周,我分享了一些照片和推文。

But after I disrupted the feedback loop, I lost my drive to keep up and stopped sharing.

但是在我打乱反馈循环后,我失去了继续的动力,停止了分享。

I did continue to post videos to YouTube which I use as a platform.

我确实继续在 YouTube 这个平台上发布视频

Similar to a blog.

类似于博客。

It doesn't have the same addictive effect as social media for me, or does it?

对我来说,它没有社交媒体那样的沉迷效果,是吗?

For the first week, I'd grabbed my phone without even thinking, unlock it and start to swipe through screens looking for something to preoccupy my wandering mind.

第一周,我想都没想就抓起手机,打开它,开始在屏幕上滑动,寻找能让我徘徊的思绪全神贯注的东西。

Then I'd snap back to reality and realize I had deleted all my social apps.

然后我会迅速回到现实,意识到我已经删除了所有的社交应用程序。

I started to spend much less time on my phone, averaging 23 minutes of screen time per day.

我花在手机上的时间开始大幅减少,平均每天只有 23 分钟的屏幕时间。

Compare that to the previous month where I spent 98 minutes a day on my phone.

相比之下,上个月我每天在手机上花的时间是 98 分钟。

Have you ever given the excuse "I don't have enough time to do '_".

你曾经是否找借口说,“我没有足够的时间做 '_。”

I know that I've definitely done it in the past.

我知道我过去肯定这样过。

Whether you want to start reading more, go to the gym or start a business, a lot of times we think we just simply don't have enough time to do it, when in fact, maybe it's our priorities that aren't really in check.

无论你是想开始多读书、去健身还是创业,很多时候我们认为我们只是没有足够的时间去做,而事实上,也许是我们的优先事项没有得到真正的控制。

Maybe we need to think about where we're spending our time to begin with, like social media.

也许我们需要考虑一下我们把时间花在哪里,比如社交媒体。

Once you start to identify the things that you value in your life, the things you really want to bring into your life, you have to get rid of those distractions.

一旦你开始确定你生活中重视的东西,你真正想带入生活的东西,那么你必须摆脱这些干扰。

And for me, at least, it's become social media.

至少对我来说,这些干扰就是社交媒体。

And as for my business, did things slow down?

至于我的事业,进展变慢了吗?

Halfway through my 30-day detox, I saw the largest spike in subscribers on YouTube that I'd ever seen like by far.

在我为期 30 天的戒断的中途,我看到了迄今为止我见过的最大的 YouTube 订户激增。

I had never even come close to seeing this kind of response from my videos.

我甚至从未在我的视频中看到过这种回应。

If you were wondering, this is when I hit YouTube's trending page as a creator on the rise.

如果你想知道,这是我作为一个正在崛起的创作者出现在了 YouTube 的热搜页面的时候。

And this massive drop is when YouTube deleted a bunch of bot accounts.

而这个巨大的下降是 YouTube 删除了一堆机器人账户。

I gained over a 124,000 subscribers over the 30-day detox.

在 30 天的戒断期间,我获得了超过 124,000 名订阅者。

The source of the traffic?

流量的来源?

A video on my youtube channel called "A Day in the Life of a Minimalist" that quickly climbed to 3 million views in 10 days.

我的 YouTube 频道上有一段名为“极简主义者的一天”的视频,播放量在 10 天内迅速攀升至 300 万。

And as far as revenue goes, I got the biggest increase in patreon supporters since starting it in August.

就收入而言,我在 Patreon 上支持者的增长是自 8 月份开通账户以来的最高值。

Now I know what you're thinking, "Matt, could you give us some more info about this patreon account? …like I'm dying to know what you provide the patreon supporters?" So I'll do that in about 30 seconds or so.

现在我知道你在想什么了,“马特,你能多给我们讲讲关于 Patreon 账户的内容吗?……我很想知道你为 Patreon 的支持者提供了什么?”所以我马上就会分享这个。

My Patreon account is one of the ways that I'm able to keep this YouTube channel 100% advertisement free and in exchange I create exclusive content that I don't release anywhere else.

我的 Patreon 帐户是我能够让这个 YouTube 频道 100% 免广告的方式之一,作为交换,我那里创作了我不会在其他任何地方发布的独家内容。

Covering lifestyle design, how I make my videos and my personal vlog.

内容涵盖生活方式设计,我如何制作视频和个人 vlog。

In fact today, I released a video breaking down how I was able to grow my audience here on YouTube, as well as provide advice and tips for those creators who are looking to break through the noise.

事实上,今天我发布了一段视频,讲述了我如何在 YouTube 上涨粉,并为那些希望突破瓶颈的创作者提供意见和建议。

You can get it all at patreon. com/MattD'Avella.

你可以在 patreon.com/MattD'Avella 收看所有这些内容。

But of course if you don't have the money to contribute right now do not feel pressured.

但是当然,如果你现在没有钱捐款,不要有压力。

The fact that you watch my videos is enough for me.

对我来说,你们观看我的视频就足够了。

So in the same month that I quit social media, I saw exponential growth in my subscribers.

所以在我退出社交媒体的同一个月,我看到我的订阅者呈指数级增长。

It's most likely a coincidence as I would have released that video anyway, but it did make me think.

这很可能是巧合,因为无论如何我都会发布那个视频,但它确实让我思考。

Why was I spending so much time on social media when the heart of what I do is making films?

为什么我工作的核心是拍摄还要花这么多时间在社交媒体上?

Seth Godin wrote an article this month called "Social media is a symptom not a tactic".

塞思·戈丁本月写了一篇名为《社交媒体是一种症状而不是策略》的文章。

In it he writes: "The Mona Lisa has a huge social media presence.

他在文章中写道:“蒙娜丽莎经常出现在社媒上。

The picture is everywhere, but she doesn't tweet.

她的照片随处可见,但她不发推特。

She's big on social media because she's an icon, but she's not an icon because she's big on social media." The narrative of social media grooming is a seductive one.

她在社交媒体上很受欢迎,因为她是一个偶像,但她是一个偶像的原因不是因为她在社交媒体上很受欢迎。”社交媒体养成的故事是诱人的。

But it's as much of a dead end as spending an extra hour picking out which tie to wear before giving a speech.

但这就像在演讲前花额外一小时选择戴哪条领带一样是一条死胡同。

With the additional hour every day, I was able to be a little bit more productive, which meant that I could get ahead with my work and I could either spend that on creating more content, more videos, or I could just take some time off and spend it with my family.

每天有了那额外的一小时,我就能够更高效一点,这意味着我可以继续工作,我可以把它花在创作更多的内容,更多的视频上,或者我可以休息一段时间和我的家人在一起。

Which is what I did when I went back home to visit them for about a week.

这就是我花一周时间去拜访他们时所做的。

My nephew Oliver thought my drone was the greatest thing ever.

我侄子奥利弗认为我的无人机是有史以来最棒的东西。

The lesson?

教训?

Productivity isn't always about increased output.

生产力并不总是增加产出。

Another lesson, don't give Oliver the drone.

另一个教训,不要把无人机交给奥利弗。

There's a sense of clarity that you get when you take a step away from the compulsive checking.

当你远离强迫性查看时,你会有一种豁然开朗的感觉。

It's really hard to explain.

这真的很难解释。

It's really impossible to quantify, but I can tell you that I simply felt better by being away from it and It became much harder for me to see the benefits of social media to begin with.

这真的无法量化,但我可以告诉你,远离它让我感觉更好,而且一开始我看不到社交媒体的好处。

The urge to get back on Instagram and apps like it is mostly fuelled by the fear of missing out.

回到 Instagram 和类似应用程序的冲动主要是因为害怕错过。

For some reason we've convinced ourselves that it's important, that it's necessary, but once I got connected again, I realized one simple truth.

出于某种原因,我们说服自己这很重要,很有必要,但是一旦我再次上线,我意识到一个简单的事实。

I didn't miss a thing.

我什么都没错过。

Now looking ahead to my next 30 days as a solo creator and someone with a finite number of hours of the day, I'm not so sure I want to spend them the way I used to.

现在展望接下来的 30 天,作为一个独立创作者和一个时间有限的人,我不确定我想过回原来的生活。

Sign up for Patreon for a dozen unlisted videos with new ones coming every month.

注册 Patreon,观看未公开的视频,每个月都会有新的视频。

And of course subscribe to my channel for new videos every week.

当然,还要订阅我的频道,每周获取新视频。

Thanks for watching!

感谢收看!

创业项目群,学习操作 18个小项目,添加 微信:790838556  备注:小项目

本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容, 请发送邮件至 zoodoho@qq.com举报,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。
如若转载,请注明出处:https://www.zoodoho.com/44924.html